The Southern African Development Community (SADC) heads of states are yet to make a final decision on whether or not to bring in a special force to Lesotho.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs Hon. Lesego Makgothi says SADC is aware of the situation in Lesotho and that a decision has already been made following a visit of the SADC fact finding mission in the country last week.
Makgothi says Lesotho has requested for a special force from SADC to assist Lesotho in the implementation of SADC recommendations as there is resistance from some members of the Lesotho Defence Force.
He says SADC Double Troika Meeting is expected to be held in South Africa on Wednesday failing which SADC heads of states, will have a special sitting at the United Nations meeting to be held in New York next week.
Lesotho has been topping the agenda of SADC Double Troika meetings following the death of the former Lesotho Defence Force Commander Liet. General Maapoarankoe Mahao in 2015.
The country is again making news headlines following the recent death of army Commander Liet General Khoantle Mots’omots’o.